A health and community program supporting
transgender, two spirit, intersex, and gender diverse people in the East & West Kootenay regions.
We believe that:
Trans Connect has it's own website that hosts resources, information, a frequently updated events calendar for the local community.
There is also detailed information about the community education workshops, presentations and professional development opportunities offered through this program. Please feel free to read more about what we do at Trans Connect by clicking below.
- Understanding sexual orientation & gender identity (SOGI) age-appropriate presentations for K – 12 classes in schools
- Trans 101 workshops for groups and communities
- Professional development for teachers, healthcare professionals, counsellors, and community workers
- Consulting for service professionals seeking trans-positive information
Support & Community
- Gender Outlaws groups in Nelson, Trail, and Cranbrook for trans, non-binary, gender non-conforming, two spirit, intersex, and questioning people (all ages)
- Under the Umbrella group in Nelson for LGBTQ2IA+, questioning, and allied youth (ages 12 – 18)
- Kootenay LGBTQ2IA+ events calendar
- Mentorship & buddy connections
- Peer support for exploring your gender identity, coming out, emotional support, and supporting a trans loved one
- Health navigation for hormones, surgeries, and trans-positive physical & mental healthcare
- Notary services and support for name and gender marker changes on ID
- Information on human rights and self-advocacy support
- Referrals to trans-positive community services
Get in touch
Our Favourite Links & Resources
Kootenay Trans Folk
This facebook group is a great way to connect to other trans people in the Kootenay region, chat, find support, and plug in to local events and opportunities. (Moderated by Trans Connect)
Trans Care BC @ PHSA
Trans Care BC is our provincial connection to trans health. If you're looking for surgery assessments, medical services information, or guides to print out to bring to your doctor, this is a great resource.