Rise Up Community Engagement
Connecting to service providers and community organizations
around HIV, Hepatitis C, and overdose prevention.
We believe that:
- Drug users and people living with HIV or Hepatitis C are experts in their own experiences, needs, and should be consulted in the design of services for their benefit.
- Connecting service providers and community organizations, across disciplines, with people who are most affected by BBIs and overdose is a powerful way to unite communities and create real change on these issues.
- Nothing about us without us!
- Research in the service needs, gaps, and experiences of people who use drugs, or who are living with HIV or Hepatitis C in the Kootenays.
- Outreach to community organizations, groups, and service providers on integrating best practices and person-centred services in response to the opioid overdose crisis, HIV, and Hepatitis C.
- Engagement for peers (people with lived experience with substances or blood-borne infections) to become involved in activism, policy design, and community responses to BBIs and overdose.
Get in touch
Rise Up Community Engagement Coordinator
- office: 250-505-5506
Our favourite resources
Video Series: Beyond the Stigma of Drug Use
Meant to challenge the viewer to look closely at the people on the front lines of the opioid crisis and listen to their stories and work towards inclusive community based solutions.
ANKORS’ Harm Reduction and Overdose Prevention Assessment 2019
An assessment of harm reduction and overdose prevention services in the Interior Health region: made up of interviews with service providers and service users in many Kootenay towns.
Funded and supported by: